Some recyclable materials may be subject to additional legal restrictions. Suncoast Metals adheres to all legal requirements, including necessitating proper documentation for restricted materials, which may include requesting receipt(s) to confirm ownership. Below is a partial list of restricted materials as per current laws. Suncoast Metals employees will be happy to answer any questions you may have about recyclable items and related restrictions
- Automobiles : Vehicles / Hybrid / Electric Vehicles
- Non-Metallics, Dirt / Soils: Including but not limited to dirt, soils, garbage, concrete, tar, paper, rags, wood, food products and plastic
- Radioactive Sources: Gauges & measuring devices using radioactive source material, medical equipment with radioactive source, cameras with a radioactive source, underground pipe, etc.
- Waste, Hazardous or Toxic: As defined by Federal, STate or Local regulations
- Liquids or Scrap containing Free Flowing Liquids: Oils, lub ricants, any petroleum-based fluid, fuels, antifreeze, hydraulic fluid, paints or additives.
- Perforated Guns: fracking pipe
- Acetylene Cylinders
- Asbestos or Asbestos-containing Materials (ACM): applies to both fibrous and solid materials.
- Closed Cylinders: high pressure cylinders with valve intact
- Combustible or Flammable Materials: fuels, paints, degreasers, unpunctured aerosol cans
- Corrosive Materials: highly acidic or caustic materials (battery acid, caustic soda, etc.)
- Explosive Materials, Munitions, Live Ammunition: includes suspect military scrap
- Infectious Materials: blood-soaked or biohazard items
- Mercury Containing Materials: mercury-containing thermostats, switches or fluorescent light bulbs
- Propane Tanks
- Water Softeners
Suncoast Metal LLC is neighter a licensed hazardous waste hauler nor a hazardous waste disposal site. Any hazardous material or item will be returned to the generator in full compliance with all state and federal rules and regulations. All costs related to handling and returns will be at the generator’s expense. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in this matter.